A backflow device is a vital part of your plumbing system. A backflow device helps to keep your water flowing in the correct direction and not backwards, which will cause serious issues for your home and family. Signs to look for that may indicate you need backflow repair are:
- Smell – If your water has a sulfur smell, then you likely are needing backflow repair.
- Sediment – Seeing sediment or particles in your water.
- Color – Your water should be a clean and clear color. If you are getting water that is brown or rust-colored, then you likely need backflow repair.
- Drains – Your drains may be draining slowly or the water levels in your different toilets could be different.
- Taste – You water has a bad taste that used to not be there.
- Waterflow – You may notice a change in the flow of your water. A slow flow or intermittent flow may indicate that you need backflow repair.
When it comes to the water in your home or business, it is vital that you catch any issues quickly and not allow them to carry on. It can be extremely dangerous and harmful to consume contaminated water. If you notice any of the above signs, you need to call a plumber immediately. Here at Carolina Plumbing & Repair, we have 40 years of experience in plumbing. We are able to help keep your water healthy and flowing in the right direction.